Welcome



Shop | Instagram | Facebook | Fashion | About



Musings, art pieces, compiled mishmash of creative blobs and the daily life of Lyza Roderick – artist, visual merchandiser, + lover of the earth. Owner of Dreamsongs on Etsy Follow my creative + crazy journey discovering the ins + outs of well, everything.




Friday, January 20, 2017

Revolution: Work in Progress

As I sit here, watching Sex and the City S04E18 and realizing watching Big leave NYC was just as sad as watching the Obama's board the helicopter this afternoon, I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to support this revolution. Surprise! I am not a Trump fan and I'm not just gonna (excuse me, but) lay down and take it.

It's funny how the hypocrites really come out when there are shifts of power like this. The ones who preach happiness, peace, and love and then tell you to get over it and accept the way things are. Sorry, but no. I have a voice and I will use it.

So, my idea, like a lot of other women artists of my generation, is to use my voice through art. Whatever those pieces may be, I'm not sure yet but proceeds of the sales of said art will go to charities that may not be getting the support they will need these next 4 years.

I stumbled upon this fabulous website (here) that published this article a few days after the election. It lists numerous 'Charities To Donate To In Trump's America'. I'm leaning towards something to do with climate change.

As I work things out and figure out what exactly I want to do, I urge all of you who are unsatisfied by our countries choice, to not let your voice be silenced. This is important. It is critical.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment